Help me To Obtain Official South African Documents
• Expunge my Criminal Record
Help me to Apostille or Authenticate my Documents for use Outside of South Africa
Website Sponsored by GMTM Consultants
After you have read through the instructions and you feel you want to appoint somebody to assist you , you are more than welcome to Contact GMTM Consultants
Help me To get a Police Clearance for my Vehicle
Help me To
You are going to live or work outside of South Africa and you are required to Authenticate certain documents.
If you live in or near Pretoria you can easy do it yourself or you can appoint a company that specialises in this field like GMTM.
In South Africa the Department of International Relations and Co-
A few important facts and steps to follow if you want to legalise documents by Apostille or Authentication.
1. Determine the process to follow for the legalisation process which will depend on the type of document and the target country.
• Apostille (as explained below) is used for countries whom are signatories to the La Hague convention while the Authentication process ( as explained below ) is used for Non signatories to the La Hague Convention.
• List of Countries whom are signatories to the La Hague Convention.
• Depending of the type of document this authentication must be done either by DIRCO or the High Court.
2. Documents that must be presented to DIRCO for Apostille and/or Authentication.
2.1. Original Documents:
• Unabridged certificates from Department of home Affairs.
• Police Clearance certificates.
• Medical Reports authenticated by HPCSA.
2.2. Copies authenticated by the relevant Government Departments
• Educational certificates authenticated by the Department of Education.
• Medical certificates and reports authenticated by the Health Professionals Counsel.
2.3. Documents intended for counties whom are not signatories to the La Hague convention and has to be presented to the specific country Embassy must also be Authenticated by DIRCO.
3. Documents that must be presented to the High Court for Apostille and /or Authentication.
• Notarised Copies of documents.
• If a Apostille is needed it will be done at the High Court.
• If the document has to legalised by a embassy the document has also have to be presented to DIRCO.
4. Documents that have to be Legalised at Embassy's.
When countries are not party to the La Hague convention a further step must be followed:
• Authentication at the High Court if necessary
• Authentication at the Department of international Relations and Co-
• Finally presentation to the relevant Embassy.
• Only documents of South African origin can be Apostilled / Authenticated in South Africa.
• Process always starts with a original document.
What happens when you visit the Department of International Relations to Authenticate or Apostille Documents.
First it must be said that DIRCO has the most professional and friendly staff of all the government departments.
Department of International Relations and Development (DIRCO)
Address: 460 Soutpansberg Rd, Pretoria, 0084
Phone:012 351 1000
• On arrival at the DIRCO Head Office you must report to security. It is the small building on the right hand side outside of the main gate.
• Park your vehicle and go into the office.Take your ID or drivers license with the vehicle registration no with you.
• You will be issued a entrance security card.
• Now drive into the main gate into the parking garage.
• You will take the lift or escalators to the ground floor.
• On the ground floor you will go through the security check point.
• Turn immediately left and you will see the legalisation office.
2. Legalisation office.
• There will be two windows open at the legalisation office . One for lodging and one for receiving.
• You will hand in your documents and be issued with a blue receipt.
• Complete the receipt with your details.
• If you have 1 to 5 documents you can wait for the documents otherwise you will have to come back the next day.
Office hours are 9:00 to 11:00
Help me To Apostille and Authenticate Documents